This curry is ridiculously fast, healthy, and you can use pretty much anything in it! Pair it with some naan and saag and then call me because I’ll come eat it with you.
I have a very unhealthy obsession with curry. I could eat it day and night, and it makes my heart sing. What I DON’T like is the fact that I kept having to order it in and that it was exactly one billion calories per serving. What’s a girl to do?
Naturally first step is find 20 recipes to blend together and make my own because I love making a lot of work for myself. But then I will cook it in the instant pot to save work. Make sense? Not really. But my efforts were WORTH IT. This recipe is perfect for a speedy and filling weeknight dinner.
6 boneless chicken thighs or 2 chicken breasts
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tsp ground ginger (or ginger paste)
1 14oz can fire roasted tomatoes
1 13.5 oz can coconut milk – divided
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic (I use the prechopped in oil)
Bag of frozen carrots and peas OR bag of frozen cauliflower (or both!)
Half bag of frozen chopped onion
- Place the chicken in the instant pot and add in the curry powder, ginger, tomatoes, frozen veggies, garlic and milk from the coconut milk. The cream will be at the top of the milk, so just take a spoon and scrape it off and put it in a small bowl to use later.
- Stir together and place the lid on. Hit “manual” and reduce the time to 8 minutes.
- Once done cooking, quick release by hitting cancel and releasing the pressure valve. Once the pin drops, open the lid. Remove the chicken to a cutting board and add in the coconut cream that was saved early on.
- Hit saute and cook for 10 minutes to reduce and thicken. While that is cooking, chop up the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Add the chicken back in and stir to fully coat.