We went up to the mountains this weekend and I needed a quick recipe that didn’t require me to haul up a bunch of ingredients and seasonings. Plus I didn’t want to use a bunch of dishes or be in the kitchen the whole time. I’m all about sheet pan meals you guys – when I can make everything in one pan, put it in the oven and forget about it I’m a happy gal. This recipe has 9 ingredients, but can easily have more or less depending on what veggies and meats you have laying around. It would be good with sausage only, shrimp only, or even with the addition of chicken.
I’m really into tossing chopped kale into just about anything these days- it makes it look a lot fancier and gives the meal beautiful color and texture. Plus it’s like 99 cents and a superfood, so duh.
If you want to get really wild, top some quinoa or brown rice with this medley and you’ve got a well rounded meal with like no more that 10 min of prep time! From prep to cook this recipe takes about 30 minutes.
Smoked turkey sausage, sliced
1/2 lb shrimp
Wedged white onion
3 zucchini sliced
2 yellow squash sliced
1 bunch of kale, chopped
2T old bay seasoning
2 tsp chopped garlic
3T olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Put all veggies plus the garlic in pan, drizzle with 2T olive oil and then sprinkle seasoning over and toss.
- Toss in sausage.
- Place in oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- While you wait, chop up the kale.
- After 10 minutes add the kale to the sheet pan, drizzle with remaining olive oil (and a dash of some more seasoning if you wish), and then mix together.
- Lower oven to 400.
- Pop pan back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir so that it’s coated with all the good stuff and so that the kale mixes around and doesn’t get too browned.
- When the veggies are roasted to your liking and the shrimp is pink, remove and serve over quinoa or rice and garnish with parsley.
*I used eggplant in this recipe since I don’t really use it a lot and am trying to incorporate it more, but mushrooms would also make for a great addition and offer the same texture.
2 thoughts on “Quick One Pan Sausage and Shrimp with Veggies (Paleo)”
I was a guest of said dinner and I have to say – yum! I actually don’t like shrimp but as a guest politely ate it and liked it! The old bay and extra garlic on the shrimp sealed the deal. And anything in one pan is always a good thing. Try this!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yay I’m so glad you liked it Lorraine! When I found you weren’t a shrimp fan and still liked it I knew it was a keeper 😂