Oh boooooy this one was delish. Salmon with a chili garlic sauce served with roasted sweet potatoes and sautéed kale in under 45 minutes. Yes please!
I know we’ve already talked about this, but I’m pretty into adding kale into stuff these days. It’s easy, cheap, filling and best of all- great for you! I whipped up this recipe because I wanted something that covered my veggie needs and had a lean protein but was also fast enough for an effortless weeknight dinner.
I also honestly don’t know why we don’t use fish more often in meals. It’s low in calories, high in nutrients and so easy to cook! This meal is a blend of some awesome superfoods. You get some great omega 3s from the salmon and a ton of antioxidants plus fiber and iron from the kale.
4 sweet potatoes cubed (I don’t waste my time peeling, but you can!)
2 bunches of kale, roughly chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb salmon
3-4T olive oil, divided
1 T garlic chili paste
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar, or 2 tsp honey
1/3 C liquid aminos or soy sauce
2T lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place sweet potatoes on pan and toss with 2 T olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put sweet potatoes in oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until not quite fork tender.
- While the sweet potatoes bake, mix last 5 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- When sweet potatoes are ready, pull from oven and push to side of the sheet to make room for the salmon.
- Place the salmon pieces on the sheet skin side down and spread the chili sauce mixture on top.
- Place pan back in oven and bake 15-20 minutes until fish easily flakes
- While the fish cooks, pour the remaining olive oil in a pan and add the kale, sautéing until it’s bright green and begins to wilt a bit.
- When the fish is done, toss the kale in with the sweet potatoes and let the sauce that has run off from the fish soak into the mixture a bit.
- Serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds if you desire!
2 thoughts on “Quick Roasted Salmon and Sweet Potatoes with Kale”
Delicious! Even the kiddos ate it. Thanks for sharing it! Keeping this one handy!
LikeLiked by 1 person