I’ve recently been trying to get really creative with limiting amount of meat I eat at meals and making sure my veggie intake is where it should be. It is HARD! So many recipes (especially fast, weeknight ones) are some sort of meat served on rice, which is great on occasion, but not every night. I love these wraps because they have a blend of everything I need in an easy, handheld lettuce wrap.
One of the things I really like about cauliflower is that it does a great job picking up the flavors around it, and this recipe is no exception. It’s a perfect blend of spicy and tangy with a hefty serving of veggies. It would also work amazingly well as a vegetarian option if you just leave out the chicken. The other thing that is so great about this recipe is that it’s a meal prepper’s dream! I roasted my chicken and cauliflower over the weekend and was able to assemble everything for my family in under 10 minutes after getting home from work. I also doubled the filling and used the rest to make my tasty Buffalo Chicken and Cauliflower Pizza later in the week! Can I get a hallefreakinlujah?
Total Time: 45 minutes
Meal Prepped Time: 10 minutes
1 head of cauliflower
3 T olive oil
1-2 chicken breasts
Head of butter or romaine lettuce
1/2 C buffalo sauce (use complaint sauce for Paleo)
½ red onion, sliced
Blue cheese or ranch dressing (use complaint ranch dressing for Paleo)
1 tomato, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- While oven is warming, rinse and chop cauliflower into florets. Toss in 1-2 T of olive oil and salt and pepper, then place on one side of the sheet pan, leaving room for chicken.
- Rub chicken with remaining olive oil and salt and pepper each side. Place on remaining section of sheet pan and cook until chicken is done and cauliflower is soft and roasted, stirring/flipping occasionally (20-30 minutes).
- While filling cooks, rinse your lettuce and chop your toppings.
- When cauliflower and chicken is done, chop chicken and any large florets into bite size pieces then toss with your desired amount of buffalo sauce.
- Spoon filling onto lettuce leaves and top with tomato, onion and avocado
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
2 thoughts on “Buffalo Chicken and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps (Paleo)”
What a lovely lunch idea! I think I’ll invite the gals over.