One of the things I’ve struggled with the most since starting the Autoimmune protocol is not having an easy and effortless snack to grab. It’s unfortunate, because portable snacks are so important while on full elimination, as you will have to search long and hard to find a snack that’s compliant outside of the home. Most events I go to do not have anything I’m able to eat, so I always like to bring a little something to tide me over. While this girl loves herself some plantain chips, I need more variety in my snacks.
That’s where this grain free granola comes into the picture! It’s ridiculously easy and so versatile, and I was able to get all of the ingredients at Sprouts or King Soopers! There’s a million types of freeze dried fruits out there that won’t break the bank and you can rotate or mix and match to keep things interesting. This recipe uses freeze dried strawberries and dried apples, but I’ve used blueberries and plantains too. You can even add some carob chips in after the granola has cooled (my kiddo’s favorite).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
3 C (1 package) unsweetened coconut chips
1 C dried apple chips
1 C freeze dried strawberries
4 T coconut oil, melted
2 T maple syrup
1 T honey
1 T cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, adding honey and maple syrup last.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet, and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when the coconut begins to brown at the tips.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Store and keep for up to a week.
One thought on “Grain Free Granola (Paleo & AIP)”