It’s been a crazy week at the High House with birthday festivities in full swing and my in laws in town. They left for the airport last night and ALL I wanted to do was order a pizza because I was so zonked and achey. But as we all know, that’s not an option on AIP. Isn’t it annoying being on a diet that requires SO much work when your body is not in a place where it can actually do the work?
I’d been playing around with some ideas for a stroganoff recipe for a while and last night I decided that it needed to happen in the instant pot. Why you ask? Because Momma deserved a bath. So I popped some spaghetti squash in the oven to roast, tossed these ingredients in the instant pot and soaked these old bones in a nice epsom salt bath while my oven and IP did the work. When hubs and mini got back from airport drop off they were greeted with a happy momma and a tasty dinner!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Hands on Time: 10 minutes
1 large white onion, chopped
1 T avocado oil
1 T chopped garlic
2 lbs lean beef stew meat or steak tips
16 oz (large container) sliced white mushrooms
1 1/2 C beef broth
1/4 C red wine vinegar
3 sprigs thyme or 1 T dried
1t garlic powder
1t onion powder
1 t salt
1/2 C coconut cream
3C (or small bag) spinach
4 T arrowroot powder
- Heat avocado oil to sauté function, add chopped onion and chopped garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent and garlic fragrant. Cancel function.
- Add meat, mushrooms and rest of ingredients through salt. Stir thoroughly to coat.
- Seal lid and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Quick release, and add spinach and coconut cream. Let simmer on the sauté function until the spinach softens and darkens, approximately 5 minutes. This also allows for a bit of the extra liquid to evaporate. Cancel function.
- Add coconut cream and arrowroot powder. Mix thoroughly until the sauce is thickens and the cream is dissolved.
- Serve over roasted spaghetti squash (or cauliflower rice) and garnish with parsley if you feel fancy.