Is there anything better than just tossing everything in the Instant Pot and letting it do it’s thing? Before I went Paleo I used to make Damn Delicious’ 20 Minute Burrito Bowls ALL THE TIME. But now I can’t have rice, corn or beans. What’s a gal to do? Maker her own Paleo 20 Minute Burrito Bowl recipe obviously. This Paleo version is packed with veggies and replaces the white rice with cauliflower rice. To be honest with you, I’m typically not a huge fan of using cauliflower as a rice replacement in most recipes because it ends up tasting too cauliflowery to me. But with this recipe it really absorbs the salsa and taco seasoning flavors.
*This recipe obviously tastes the best with real taco seasoning and salsa, but I’ve added notes on how to make it AIP compliant if you haven’t started any reintros yet.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Hands on Time: 10 minutes
1 lb chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 chopped red bell pepper (omit for AIP)
1 chopped green bell pepper (omit for AIP)
1 quartered zucchini
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 cup chopped spinach
1 packet taco seasoning (find AIP taco seasoning recipe here)
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup salsa (1 cup nomato sauce + 2 t horseradish + 1T garlic powder for AIP)
1 4.5 oz can diced green chiles (omit for AIP)
2 bags frozen cauliflower rice
Shredded romaine lettuce
- Add chicken, bell peppers, zucchini, onion, spinach, taco seasoning, chicken broth, green chiles and salsa into the instant pot and stir well. *AIP- add the nomato sauce and garlic powder, then add the horseradish after the Instant Pot has finished cooking.
- Seal lid and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- While Instant Pot cooks, steam both bags of cauliflower.
- Quick release and add in cooked cauliflower, stirring to coat evenly.
- Serve and top with cilantro, extra salsa, guacamole and shredded lettuce. For some added crunch, scoop it up with Siete’s grain free tortilla chips.